Salem Oregon East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Location on Map
- N44.94160 W122.97360
- 862 45th Ave NE Salem, OR 97301 United States
- Enter south parking lot, go to the SE corner of the building.
- Sign on the door.
- (503) 371-0453, The Center, answered during OPEN hours (see below).
- (503) 949-1981, Director's cell (TEXTING is preferred)
- Begin SUBJECT with "FHC -"
- Tuesday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Wednesday: 1:00pm-8:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-1:00pm (Except 1st Saturday of the month)
Summer Vacation: July 1st thru July 15th, 2019
Thanksgiving Vacation: November 25th thru December 2nd, 2019
Christmas Vacation: December 19th thru January 6th, 2020
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Event[edit | edit source]
Keizer Stake FAMILY DISCOVERY DAY - April 27th 2019; 8:30am - 12:00pm; 862 45th Ave NE, Salem
Sessions schedule - forth coming.
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
~~~ All Classes at the Family History Center. All Tuesday, except one. ~~~
~~~ See Class Handouts, BELOW, for Class outline/handouts ~~~
TO BE SCHEDULED
Basic Family Tree
Advanced Family Tree
Adding Memories to Family Tree (FamilySearch)
Computer Basics 1 for Genealogists
Computer Basics 2 for Genealogists
. . . . . .Computer Maintenance. . . . . .https://www.dropbox.com/s/636mxhtesdofact/Cd_Computer-Maintenance.pdf?dl=0
. . . . . .Flash Drives. . . . . . . . . . . . . . https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqu4pwccfea4o31/Cd_Flash-Drives.pdf?dl=0
. . . . . .Hard Drive Layout. . . . . . . . . .https://www.dropbox.com/s/77tynxkdol8cjme/Cd_Hard-Drive-Layout.pdf?dl=0
. . . . . .HD Layout Exercise. . . . . . . . .https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw84vjryi7nd7gz/Cd_HD-Layout-Exercise.pdf?dl=0
Researching Using FamilySearch
Online Microfilm/Microfiche Ordering <------ NO LONGER AVAILABLE (Sept 2017)
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Staff Meeting - Monday, November 5th 2018, 1:00-2:00pm at the Center
No staff meeting in December 2018
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal; This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The Center has all of the necessary equipment for Family History Research. Below is a list of items available to patrons.
- 6 computers, with Internet access, for patron use.
- Lazer printer (black, no color) with copy, scan and scan to FamilySearch capability.
- 1 microfilm readers, most with magnification.
- 2 microfiche readers
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
(Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services. See the <a href="Mesa Family History Center">Mesa</a> and <a href="Logan Utah Family History Center">Logan</a> FHC pages for examples.)
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
Willamette Valley Genealogical Society at the Salem City Library. http://www.wvgsor.org
Early Oregonians Database (prior to 1860). http://sos.oregon.gov/archives/Pages/records.aspx
Marion County Historical Society at the Willamette Heritage Center. http://www.willametteheritage.org/
Silverton Genealogy Group - Ancestry Detectives. http://www.ancestrydetectives.org
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.