Saavedra, Cautín, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of Saavedra ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- Also called Puerto Saavedra.
- Originally, it was an area with a significant population of Mapuche communities.
- In the middle of the 18th century Capuchin missions were installed with the aim of educating and converting the indigenous to the Catholic religion.
- The city was founded on December 5, 1895.
- Earthquakes and Tsunami in 1960 almost completely destroyed the commune.
- The commune Saavedra has a population of approximately 11,400 people.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1899-1920 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de Saavedra
Localities[edit | edit source]
- Bajo Imperial
- Puerto Dominguez
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Saavedra (Chile)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saavedra_(Chile). Visited 9 June 2017