Russia For Further Reading
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Russia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Altskan, Vadim, "Jewish Genealogical Material in the Archives of the Former USSR," Avotaynu 9(no. 1, Spring 1993): 9-10.
- Entsiklopedicheskii Slovar. Saint Petersburg: F.A. Brokgauz, 1890-1904. 82 v.
- Edlund, Thomas Kent. “The First National Census of the Russian Empire,” FEEFHS Journal 7:3-4 (Fall/Winter 1999): 88-97.
- Great Soviet Encyclopedia: a translation of the third edition. New York: Macmillan, 1973-1986. 31 v.
- Grimsted, Patricia Kennedy. Archives and Manuscript Repositories in the U.S.S.R.: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Belorussia. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1981.
- Kuczynski, Robert R. The Balance of Births and Deaths: Volume II, Eastern and Southern Europe. Washington D.C.: Brookings Institution, 1931.
- Lorimer, Frank, "The Nature of Soviet Population and Vital Statistics," The American Statistician (April-May, 1953): 13-18.
- Paley, Vladimir, “Russian Books of Residents as a Genealogical Resource,” Avotaynu 12(no. 1, Spring 1996):23.
- Prokhorov, M. F., “On the Methods of Reconstruction and Analysis of the Peasant Genealogies of Russia...” Historical Genealogy 4(1994):60-66.
- Pushkarev, Sergei G. Dictionary of Russian Historical Terms from the Eleventh Century to 1917. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1970.
- Rhode, Harold, "What May be Learned from 19th-century Czarist Jewish Birth Records and Revision Lists," Avotaynu 10(no. 3, Fall 1994): 3-7.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Latvia,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1995-2002.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Russia,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1996-2001.