Royston, Hertfordshire Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Royston|
|Parish registers: 1662|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1629; 1802|
|Rural Deanery||Pre-1845 - Braughing; Post 1844 - Buntingford|
|Diocese||Post-1844 - Rochester; Pre-1845 - London|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Census records[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Royston, Hertfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Royston, Hertfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Poor Law[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
Royston on Genuki
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
References[edit | edit source]
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 December 2013.
- 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 4 March 2014.
- 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, accessed 2 September 2014.
- 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.