RootsTech Connect Research Help
- 1 Research Help
- 1.1 Online Consultations
- 1.2 Group Research Sessions
- 1.3 Research and Translation Help After RootsTech
Research Help[edit | edit source]
The following services are offered below for genealogy research assistance.
- Online Consultations
- Group Research Sessions
- Research and Translation Help After RootsTech
Online Consultations[edit | edit source]
Genealogical research strategy sessions are free, virtual meetings designed to provide you with research guidance, methodology, and next steps. Our research specialists offer helpful suggestions and assistance with your research goals, to empower you as you discover and connect with your family.
Virtual research strategy sessions are made possible through a partnership between FamilySearch and its Affiliate Libraries. You may be assigned to meet with a research specialist from the Family History Library, Midwest Genealogical Center staff, or a volunteer research specialist from one of our worldwide Family History Centers.
Languages Offered[edit | edit source]
Research strategy sessions are currently available in the languages listed below.
To Reserve Your Research Strategy Session[edit | edit source]
- Click on the blue Book an Online Consultation (English) button above.
- Select your desired area of research from the list on the bookings page.
- Select your research strategy session type. We only offer strategy sessions for countries listed on the booking page. Please note that research strategy sessions are primarily organized by modern country boundaries, rather than historical jurisdictions. Choose the country in which your ancestor's town is currently located.
- Select a day and time for your meeting. Be sure to double check that the time zone is correct.
- Fill in the requested information. Keep in mind the more details you provide, the better your research specialist will be able to serve you.
While on the booking site, if you need to go back to a previous page, do not use the back arrow in your browser; instead click on Change Selection located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Preparing for and Accessing Your Research Strategy Session[edit | edit source]
Upon booking:[edit | edit source]
- You will receive a confirmation email upon booking. In some cases, it may take several minutes for you to receive your email. If you do not receive an email, try checking your spam or promotions folder. Please read the email carefully and take note of the following information:
- The confirmation email contains important details about your research strategy session, a calendar invite, and a link to your Zoom meeting.
- You will also receive reminder email(s), prior to your meeting. Reminder emails also contain a link to your Zoom meeting.
At the time of your appointment:[edit | edit source]
- Open your confirmation or reminder email.
- Scroll down to the Booking Details section.
- Under the Virtual Meeting Location heading, click on the Zoom hyperlink.
- A new tab will open up in your browser. If you have the Zoom desktop application installed, you will be prompted to open the meeting in the application.
- If asked for a passcode, return to your confirmation or reminder email and copy and paste the passcode. The passcode is found directly below the Zoom link.
- If you join before the host does, please wait patiently for the host to admit you to the meeting.
- Once you have been admitted, select your video and audio settings. You do not need to enable video, but be sure to unmute yourself.
If you are new to Zoom, you may wish to explore the Zoom Help Center or Zoom Frequently Asked Questions to prepare for your research strategy session. If you encounter any difficulties joining your research strategy session on Zoom, try checking out Zoom Troubleshooting.
Group Research Sessions[edit | edit source]
The following schedule pertains to the Thursday-Saturday of RootsTech Connect (Thursday 25 February 2021 - Saturday 27 February 2021).
12:00 pm MT
3:00 pm MT
12:00 pm MT
3:00 pm MT
12:00 pm MT
3:00 pm MT
|US and Canada|
Research and Translation Help After RootsTech[edit | edit source]
For additional assistance with research or document translation help, check out the FamilySearch Community, which consists of people who wish to collaborate and help one another find answers. The Community allows you to ask research questions, upload documents, get help with translations, participate in discussions, discover new resources, or learn about upcoming webinars and events. Many users receive responses to their questions within three days. Learn how to use the Community by watching this short, 5-minute video. You may also want to check out FamilySearch Genealogy Research Groups to find a Community or alternate Facebook group relevant to your ancestor's locality.