Rincón, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Rincón family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
Rincón was founded in 1771. It is located west of Añasco and Aguada, in the Western Coastal Valley. Rincón is divided into 10 barrios. Rincón population is approximately 15,200. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records, 1805-2001[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Rincón, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Until the church records of this municipality are digitized and published online, write to the local Catholic Church for records prior to 1876. To find the address of the local parish, consult the Catholic Directory. For help with writing your letter or e-mail, use the Letter Writing Guide for Genealogy. If it seems that the priest would prefer to correspond in Spanish, use the Spanish Letter Writing Guide.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Rincón, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinc%C3%B3n,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 2 December 2020.