Portugal, Porto, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: Additional Catholic Church records for Porto are also found in the collection:
- Portugal, Braga, Catholic Church Records, 1530-1911 > Porto.
This collection also contains records for the Distrito of Viana do Castelo.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: I get a message “This image is viewable to signed-in members of supporting organizations” for these records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer 1: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish some images for viewing online. Images for this collection are only available for viewing to members of the supporting organization (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact email@example.com. Please include a brief description of the problem and steps taken thus far to resolve the issue.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The records located at the browse path Porto > Porto > Porto are for other localities. What are the correct localities of these records?
Answer 2: The Parishes listed at the browse path Porto > Porto > Porto are invalid:
- Diocese of Porto contains church records from the Municipality of Marco de Canaveses; and includes Parish records for Varzea do Douro.
- Hospital Real de Santo António contains baptismal and death records for the Municipality of Porto. The hospital is actually located in the parish of Miragaia, in the city and district of Porto.
- Nossa Senhora da Assunção contains church records for the Parish of Sé and should be located at the browse path of Porto > Porto > Sé
- São Martinho contains church records are for the Parish of Lordelo do Ouro. Unfortunately, there is no current browse path of Porto > Porto > Lordelo do Ouro.
- Go to the Portugal, Porto, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Portugal, Porto, Catholic Church Records, 1535-1949 collection at FamilySearch.org