Peoria Illinois Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address 3700 West Reservoir, Peoria, IL 61615
- Park at the far end of the parking lot, walk down the walkway on the Southwest side of the building. Enter the building at the far entrance. Once inside the small vestibule you will need to press the button for the Family History Center. A consultant will answer the buzzer and remotely unlock the door so that you may enter the building. The Family History Center is located straight down the hallway on the left.
FHC phone: (309) 682-4073
Stake TFH Consultant - Center phone: (309) 645-3288
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday: 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Thursday: 12:00PM – 2:00PM
- Appointment-Only Hours. Call the temple and family history consultant - center to arrange a mutually convenient time.
During inclement weather please call before you come. The center will not open if volunteers cannot safely arrive.
Scheduled Closures in the upcoming months
- This area will be updated with known closures.
Film due dates will not be affected by scheduled closures.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog and have them shipped to our center on either short-term or extended loan.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 6 computers equipped with the FHC Portal
- 2 printers
- 7 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
Our microfilm printer no longer works. If you desire to capture an image from a microfilm or microfiche it is suggested that you bring a digital camera (camera, phone, ipad, tablet, etc.).
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
The Peoria Public Library has an extensive Genealogy area located in the basement of the Main Branch.
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We welcome volunteers from the community to help serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and to learn by doing. You need not be an expert. Ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key.