Pennsylvania, County Marriages - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question #1: The record detail page is linked to the wrong image. How can I find the correct image?
Answer 1: From the record detail page, use the Event Date, Event Place, Film Number, or the Reference ID information to find the correct image by using the right or left scroll arrow. Occasionally an image is missed or restricted from being online. Order the Film Number found on the record detail page. The known missing or restricted images include:
- Digital Folder Number 004266235 or Film 955886: Marriage license dockets, 1885–1950 Luzerne County (Pennsylvania); Marriages, volumes 24–25, 1899–1902. Page 5 containing Certificate numbers 30664 to 30673 of Volume 25 (1901–1902) located on Frame 428 (within Volume 25, Frame 54).
Below is a list of restricted Digital Folder (DF) Numbers and the corresponding Film Numbers.
|DGS NUMBER||FILM NUMBER||COUNTY AND YEAR OF MARRIAGE RECORDS|
|4460696||1463004||Clearfield—1852–1854, 1868, 1877, 1878 (recording of marriages that occurred earlier)|
|4838885||941721||Juniata—1858–1863; index to marriages, 1852–1853; 1885–1887|
|4838978||1927420||Susquehanna—1852–1854, 1873; 1946–1953|
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question #2: The browse path only includes Film Number (Digital Folder Number). How can I find the records I am looking for?
Answer 2: See Browsing images with film numbers as the waypoints (53900). To find the marriage records online, search with Last Names; with life event for Marriage Place and Marriage Year (Range); and with a relationship: Spouse, entering all or part of the name.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question #3: Some indexed records have name, event type, or date errors. How can I determine the correct information?
Answer 3: View the document to verify the correct information. The event place and date can also be checked by searching the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page. See Finding microfilm numbers in the catalog (55632). A list of known problems is included below:
- Records indexed with an Event Place containing some variation of Washington, including Washington State, Washington, D.C., or Washington County.
- Records indexed with Event Place: Carbon, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, United States: All records associated with Film 1289274 or DGS 4460969 should have been indexed with Event Place: Carbon, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Records indexed with the wrong bride: Because most of the records in the collection have multiple records on an image, it is easy for an indexer to mix the records.
- In the waypoint 004541329, the indexer transcribed the marriage date as 1835 rather than 1935. These include images 929–936. As a result, the estimated birth years are also incorrect.
- In the waypoint 004833171, the Luzerne County records on the right side of the images 379–388 were not indexed. View the images online.
- Divorce records mixed in with marriage records.
- Records indexed with an Event Type: Marriage: Film 900604 includes records that should have an Event Type: Birth. The record detail page identifies the spouse as UNKNOWN, or the search results lists the name as [blank] or the Relationships column does not include a spouse.
- Records indexed with Event Place: Carbon, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, United States: All records associated with Film 1289272 or DGS 4460650 should have been indexed with Event Place: Carbon, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Go to the Pennsylvania, County Marriages - FamilySearch Historical Records wiki article
- Go to the Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885–1950 collection