Papillion Nebraska Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 12009 S 84th Street Papillion, Nebraska 68046
- (3/4 mile South of Highway 370). Parking and entrance to the Papillion Nebraska Family History Center is available on the South side of the building. The center is located midway down the right hall after entering the building.
- Language: English
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm and 7:00pm - 8:45pm
- Closed the week of July 4th.
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving.
- Closed the week before and week of Christmas.
- Closed the week of New Years.
- During inclement weather, please call the center before traveling to the center.
Temple and Family History Consultant Training[edit | edit source]
Consultant training will be available as needed.
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Family History website www.familysearch.org is available and free to patrons.
- FHC Portal This center has the Family History Center Portal which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions including:
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Alexander Street Press (American Civil War Collections)
- Ancestry.com (Family History Library edition)
- Fold3.com, formerly Footnote.com
- Genline FamilyFinder (Swedish)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest
Center Services[edit | edit source]
- Patrons may bring their personal computers for note taking or entering information into personal genealogical programs. WIFI internet access is available.
- Memory sticks can also be used to download information.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Two Microfilm readers
- Microfiche reader
- Nine computers with internet connection and access to premium websites.
- Multi-function laser printer for use with computers.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Greater Omaha Genealogical Society, www.gogsmembers.com, 402-706-1453
Pottawattamie County Genealogical Society, https://sites.rootsweb.com/~iapcgs/, 712-325-9368