Oshkosh Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 2828 W Scenic Dr Oshkosh, WI 54904
- Wednesday: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm-2:00pm
Closed all major holidays.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule Using Puzzilla and Hope Chest programs to find descendency that need temple work . Scheduled as requested.[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 4 computers, 2 microfilm readers, printer and 1 microfiche reader
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.