Oregon, Yamhill County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Yamhill County Records, 1857-1963
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Yamhill, Oregon, |
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Yamhill County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Yamhill County Clerk|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection includes images of the following records:
- Deeds and mortgages (1857-1963)
- Military service records (1919-1951)
- Licensing and other miscellaneous records (1899-1957)
It also includes 6 volumes of "Miscellaneous Records" dated 1899-1957. The miscellaneous records include some land transactions, licensing records and other items. Records will be added to this collection as images become available.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Oregon, Yamhill County Records, 1857-1963.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of deceased
- Date and place of event
- Age and gender of principal
- Names of parents
- Biographical information about parents such as date and place of birth
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- Description and value of property or land
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
|Land and property||Deeds||1854-1921|
|Land and property||Index to deeds||1854-1889|
|Land and property||Index to deeds (direct)||1854-1965|
|Land and property||Index to deeds (direct and indirect)||1909-1965|
|Land and property||Mortgage||1871-1942|
|Land and property||Territorial deed||1855-1857|
|Military||Index to discharge||1920-2008|
|Military||Service to discharge||1919-1951|
|Miscellaneous||Index to miscellaneous||1900-1958|
|Probate||Power of attorney||1918-1927|
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select the Record category
- Select the Record Type, Year Range and Volume to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Search for land and property records
- Use the information to find additional family members in census records
- Search the probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Oregon.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.