New York Passenger Lists - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
(Redirected from New York, Passenger Lists, 1820–1891 - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues)Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some indexed records have missing or incorrect information in the record detail page. Is the information available?
Answer: You can view images to verify the indexed record detail page information. The known errors are below:
- Indexed records from Film 000175505, Digital Folder Number: 004678804, Image Number: 00006-00515 need the Event Date changed from 1855 to 1854.
- Indexed records from Film 000295799, Digital Folder Number: 004680515, Image Number: 01089–01111 need the ship name changed from Freeman Clark to Herder, and Image Number: 01113–01132 need the ship name changed from Freeman Clark to Waesland.
- Many records were indexed with the First Name entered as the Italian relationship to the head of the family: moglie (wife), figlio (son), figlia (daughter). For example, the original passenger list states moglie Magdalena or wife Magdalena and was entered as the First Name: Moglie and the Last Name: Magdalena.
- Go to the New York Passenger Lists - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the New York Passenger Lists, 1820–1891 collection at FamilySearch.org