Minot North Dakota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location and Map: Location Map
Address: 3740 Crossing Street SW, Minot ND 58701
- On 37th Ave west of Walmart about 2 miles.
FHC Director: Nolan Bateman - 701-838-8224
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
- Closed if Winter weather is bad, or city closes road travel. (Best to Call first unless you live close by)
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --How to books on geneology, misc local and state infomation
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 2 computers, microfilm and microfiche readers, 1 scanner/printer.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Learn how to find more unknown family than you thought possible. Its simple.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
- Minot City Library has county history books.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.