|Merionethshire Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Regional Societies[edit | edit source]
Gwynedd Family History Society
Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 1AS UK
Telephone: 01286 830003
Quaker Meeting House
6 Dean St
Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 1UP UK
Colwyn Bay, Clwyd LL29 9PF UK
Capel Y Drindod
Pwllheli, Gwynedd LL53 5HU UK
Telephone: 01758 612692
Y Llyfrgell Rydd
Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1EY UK
Ynys Môn /Anglesey Branch
Llangefni, Anglesey LL77 7ET UK
Canolfan Yr Aelwyd
Stryd yr Eglwys (Church Street)
Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 ISW UK
Website: Gwynedd Family History Society
- The Society was founded in 1980 to bring together the many people interested in Family History. It caters for those with Gwynedd ancestry and we would be happy to help anyone in need of assistance with their research. It covers the historical counties of Anglesey, Caernarvonshire, and Merionethshire.
Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society (Cymdeithas Achyddol Maldwyn)
Tregynon, Newtown SY16 3PL UK
Telephone: 01686 627916
Website: Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society
- The Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society was founded to provide a forum for people with family history interests in the historical county of Montgomeryshire and its borders. Its main aim is to help members trace their Montgomeryshire family histories. It also helps members with family connections in Shropshire, Cardiganshire, Denbighshire, Merionethshire, and Radnorshire.
Merionethshire Societies[edit | edit source]
Bro Ffestiniog Archaeology Society (Cymdeithas Archaeoleg Bro Ffestiniog)
Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd LL41 3UF UK
Website: Bro Ffestiniog Archaeology Society
- The Society was set up for those interested in the Archaeology of the area and will be organising a couple of local digs this summer. But it’s not only field-work…. We need people who enjoy research, and photography to take part in the Society as well.
Corwen and Dee Valley Archaeological Society
18 Smithfield Drive
Holt, Wrexham, LL13 9AQ UK
Website: Corwen and Dee Valley Archaeological Society
Website #2: Corwen and Dee Valley Archaeological Society
- Corwen and Dee Valley Archaeological Society was founded in order to research, promote, and share the rich archaeological heritage of the Dee Valley and surrounding area from the source of the River Dee in Penllyn to the Vale of Llangollen. This remit will also include the tributary valleys of the Dee and neighbouring areas. It is the aim of the society to research and record through desktop studies and fieldwork the archaeological landscape of the Dee Valley from around 5000 BC through to the post medieval period.
Merioneth Historical and Record Society (Cymdeithas Hanes a Chofnodion Sir Feirionnydd)
Dyffryn Ardudwy Village Hall
Dyffryn Ardudwy, Gwynedd LL44 2BE UK
Website: Merioneth Historical and Record Society
- Welcome to the Merioneth Historical and Record Society’s website. We are an established Society founded in 1939 and are interested in all aspects of the history of the former County of Merioneth which dates from 1282 and became part of Gwynedd under the 1974 Welsh counties reorganisation. Our interests include archaeology, buildings, family history, folklore, literature, and all the various subjects which are generally called ‘antiquities’. We arrange field trips and lectures, publish an annual Journal, and support local historical projects.