Massachusetts Deaths - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. To view films, see Where do I find a family history center?.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Many images were inadvertently skipped when placed online. The list of known omitted films is below. Click the link in the Note column to open a new window to see the images.
|960171||4219407||Deaths v. 93-95 1855|
|960175||4219411||Deaths v. 129-131 1859|
|960180||4220470||Deaths v. 156 1862|
|960203||4221418||Deaths v. 258 1873|
|960212||4221427||Deaths v. 292 1877|
|960231||4223255||Deaths v. 373 1886|
|960243||4224893||Deaths v. 409 1890|
|961506||4224898||Deaths v. 427 1892|
|961509||4225004||Deaths v. 436 1893|
|961510||4225005||Deaths v. 437 1893|
|961514||4225009||Deaths v. 447 1894|
|1843726||4289811||Deaths v. 39 1849|
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: Some indexed records have event place or date errors. How can I determine the correct information?
Answer 2: View the document to verify the correct information. The event place and date can also be checked by searching the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page. See Finding microfilm numbers in the catalog (55632). A list of known problems below provides correct indexing information:
- Indexed records with an Event Place: Provincetown, Massachusetts, Event Date: 1853, and GS Film Number: 960169 should have an Event Place: Falmouth, Massachusetts.
- Indexed records with an Event Place: Seitnate, Massachusetts were misspelled and should have an Event Place: Scituate, Massachusetts.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: The record detail page is linked to the wrong image. How can I find the correct image?
Answer 3: From the record detail page, use either the Event Date, Event Place, or the Reference ID information, or a combination of any of the search criteria, to find the correct image by clicking the right or left scroll arrow.
- Go to the Massachusetts Deaths - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915 collection at FamilySearch.org