Logan Utah YSA 2nd Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Logan Utah 2nd YSA Stake Family History Center primarily serves members of the Logan Young Single Adult 2nd Stake. The primary objective of the Center is to provide basic training and experience in FamilySearch, Indexing, and family history research to Ward Temple and Family History Consultants. In addition, the Center helps members of the stake find names of ancestors and prepare them for temple ordinances. Additionally facilities may be made used by other Young Single Adult Stakes in the area.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Location & Map
- 1295 North 800 East, Logan, Utah 84341-2508
- Location on map
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Hours: Closed until further notice.
- Holiday Schedule: Closed all major holidays
Calendar[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Workshop Schedule[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center does not have the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- This center has 10 computers, one printer, and one large screen television with DVD player.
- This center has no access to films or microfiche from the Salt Lake City Family History Center.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Temple and Family History On-Line Resources[edit | edit source]
(Sign-in to your FamilySearch.org account in order to access the links below)
Temple and Family History Consultant
- Ward Temple and Family History Consultant Resources - Useful training, tools, and information that you can use to help others.
- Ward Temple and Family History Consultants Support Group - Join this community to ask questions, share ideas and get help.
- Consultant Webinar Series - A series of webinars to explore new tools and techniques for helping members with family history and temple work.
- Online Genealogy Records by Location - Online Genealogy Records Wiki pages contain links to online records for different states, provinces, or countries.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You! - A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
- Cyndi's List - A categorized and cross-referenced list of links for genealogical research. The site contains roughly 332,000 links in more than 200 categories.
- Steps to Hosting a successful Indexing Event - This website provides tips for having a successful indexing event and a link to event kit resources.
- Indexing Event Kit - This website is a resource that includes meetinghouse posters and flyers that are customizable.
- Getting the Ward Excited about Indexing - This website has helpful ideas shared by others on how to get members engage with indexing.