This is the current standardized spelling of many place names in Wales dedicated to Sant Ffraid (or Saint Brigid). However, there are many historical spelling variants: Llansantffraid, Llansantffraed, etc.
As there are many such places, the name is often followed by an additional geographical element, e.g. Llansanffraid Glyn Ceiriog (Llansanffraid in the Ceiriog Valley).
This can refer to:
Wales[edit | edit source]
- Llansanffraid, Ceredigion: near Llanon
- Llansantffraed, Powys: in Talybont-on-Usk, near Brecon
- Llansanffraid Cwmdeuddwr, Powys
- Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy, usually shortened to Glan Conwy
- Llansanffraid Glyn Ceiriog, Wrexham: in the Ceiriog Valley
- Llansanffraid Glyndyfrdwy, Denbighshire: in the Dee Valley
- Llansanffraid ym Mechain, Powys: near Oswestry
- Llansanffraed-yn-Elfael, Powys: near Builth
England[edit | edit source]
- Llansanffraid: the Welsh version of Bridstow in Herefordshire
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title, Llansanffraid.