|Latvia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
This page is a compilation of websites that may be useful to you in your Latvian research. Some of these websites may be in Latvian. If you are using the Google Chrome browser, simply right click anywhere on the page and select the option Translate to English. If you do not have the Google Chrome browser, go to translate.google.com and change your language settings to translate from Latvian to English. Paste the URL that you would like translated into the Latvian box and then click on the hyperlink that appears in the English box. This will open up a translated version of the web page.
Information and Resources[edit | edit source]
These websites contain information about Latvian genealogy and links to resources available on other websites.
- Discovering Latvian Roots Blog
- Roots = Saknes Blog
- Ciltskoki Resource Links
- FEEFHS Latvia Genealogy Resources
Archives and Record Repositories[edit | edit source]
These archives and libraries contain records pertaining to Latvia. Note that some records may not be available online.
- State Archives of Latvia
- Raduraksti Digital Archive
- E-Archive (Latvia, Estonia, and Russia)
- National Library of Latvia
- Latvia National Digital Library
Indexed Records[edit | edit source]
These websites contain indexed records:
Surname Databases[edit | edit source]
These websites may be useful in determining where in Latvia your ancestor's surname came from:
Jewish Records[edit | edit source]
Explore these websites to find information about Jewish records.
- JewishGen Latvia Database
- Latvia Special Interest Group
- Courland Research Group
- Lo Tishkach Jewish Cemeteries
- Jews of Latvia: Names and Fates, 1941-1945
Forums and Facebook Groups[edit | edit source]
Need a question answered? Try checking out some of these forums and Facebook groups.
- FamilySearch Community
- Family History Library Online Research Consultations
- Latvia Facebook Genealogy Group
- Roots = Saknes Discussion Group
- Add Comment to submit another site.