Labuan, Malaysia Genealogy
|Malaysia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Territory Information[edit | edit source]
The Federal Territory of Labuan (Malay: Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan), includes Labuan Island and six other smaller islands (Daat, Papan, Burung, Kuraman, Big Rusukan, and Small Rusukan), is located off the coast of the state of Sabah in East Malaysia. It covers an area of 92 km2 (36 sq miles). Its capital is Victoria, which is best known as an offshore financial centre.
Because it is a federal Malaysian territory, Labuan is administered by the federal government. Labuan Corporation, the municipal government is headed by a chairman.
Research Tools[edit | edit source]
- List of cemeteries in Labuan
- Find Names of World War II Dead and Cemeteries and Memorial Records
- List of Clan Associations in Labuan
- Labuan Corporation (Perbadanan Labuan)
- National Registration Department - Labuan Branch