La Libertad, Petén, Guatemala Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Municipality of La Libertad ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- La Libertan was founded in about 1795.
- Its border with Mexico was established in 1896, after the Herrera-Mariscal Treaty.
- The municipality of La Libertad has a population of approximately 88,000 people
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1877-1935 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Guatemala, Civil Registration, 1877-1980 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1751-1937 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for only the municipality of La Libertad. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio General de La Libertad
- Cementerio rural de El Naranjo
- Cementerio rural de Nuevo Paraíso
Localities[edit | edit source]
- El Paraíso
- El Subín
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "La Libertad (Petén)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Libertad_(Pet%C3%A9n). Visited 23 August 2017.