Kirkland Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Kirkland Washington Family History Center, located at 7910 NE 132nd Street in the Finn Hill neighborhood, serves the greater Kirkland area. We are dedicated to providing information and support for all local residents, whether you are just getting started with genealogical research or have many years of experience.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 January 2020 Classes
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 7910 NE 132nd St., Kirkland, WA 98034 United States
- Due to the Covid-19 restrictions - the center is closed until further notice.
- Also open by appointment. Call 425-242-8892.
(The Family History Center is located on the east side of the building, closest to Finn Hill Middle School. If doors are locked during open hours, just ring the bell and we'll let you in.)
Holiday Schedule: In 2020, the center will be closed: the first week of January, Tuesday, December 22th through Thursday, December 29th.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Closures: Due to the Covid-19 restrictions - the center is closed until further notice[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
January 2020 Classes[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com, Fold3, My Heritage, Find My Past, World Vital Records, among others.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The center has four computers, four microfilm readers, one microfiche reader, and a printer. The printer also scans and patrons can use it to scan photos and documents to their FamilySearch tree.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Bellevue Regional Library (Website) 1111 110th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004; 425-450-1765. Genealogy section; microfilm readers; carries microfilm of eastside newspapers.
Eastside Genealaogical Society (Website).
Fiske Genealogical Library (Website) 1644 43rd Ave.E., Seattle, WA 98112; 206-328-2716.
Kirkland Historical Society (Website) 203 Market Street, Heritage Hall - Lower Level, Kirkland, WA 98033.
The National Archives at Seattle (Website) 6125 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-7999.
Washington State Digital Archives (Website) Washington state vital records online.
Washington State Genealogical Society (Website).
Washington State Library (Website).
Links[edit | edit source]
- City of Kirkland, Washington
- King County
- King County, Washington Genealogy
- State of Washington
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Anyone wishing to volunteer, please contact David Williams at 206 947-6712.