Kent, England Genealogy
|Kent Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Kent ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
- This article is about the county in England. For other uses, see Kent (disambiguation).
County Introduction[edit | edit source]
In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Kent like this:
'Kent, an important maritime county in SE. of England, bounded N. by the Thames and the North Sea, E. and SE. by the Strait of Dover, S. by the English Channel, SW. by Sussex, and W. by Surrey; greatest length, W. to E., 65 miles; greatest breadth, N. to S., 35 miles; 995,392 ac., pop. 977,706. The surface of the co. is hilly, being traversed E. and W. by the North Downs, a chalk range from 3 to 6 miles in breadth. On the N., along the shores of the Thames and Medway, there is a belt of marshland, which extends over a mile inland. ..."
Parishes[edit | edit source]
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Use an interactive map to find jurisdictions for each parish in Kent.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Kent Online Parish Clerks
- RootsChat Kent Resources and help pages.
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Kent
- 1930 - England and Wales National Register, 1939 at FamilySearch — index