|Kansas Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
The following statewide atlases for Kansas may be helpful to you:
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- Maps of Kansas from MapofUS.org. Includes boundary changes map.
- Newberry Library Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
- Baughman, Robert W. Kansas in Maps. Topeka, Kansas: Kansas State Historical Society, 1961. (Family History Library book Q 978.1 E7br.) The history of the state is depicted in a variety of maps. *
- Baughman, Robert W.: A Collection of Digitized Kansas Maps *
- Official State Atlas of Kansas. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: L.H. Everts, 1887. Reprint. Kansas Council of Genealogical Societies, 1982. (Family History Library book Q 978.1 E7o.) This includes many city plats, township maps, and directories of residents. *
- Socolofsky, Homer E., and Huber Self. Historical Atlas of Kansas. Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1972. (Family History Library book 978.1 E3s.) *
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties. *
- David Rumsey Map Collection has numerous historical maps of Kansas at his website. His focus is mostly 18th and 19th Century maps.
- My Genealogy Hound has free access to historic county maps for some Kansas Counties.
- State map of Kansas showing the location of each Kansas County is on Hearthstone Legacy.
The University of Kansas in Lawrence at http://spencer.lib.ku.edu/ has the largest collection of maps in the state. Kansas State University in Manhattan at http://www.k-state.edu/ also has a large collection. The Family History Library has a small collection of maps. Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States -- https://nationalmap.gov/small_scale/printable.html