Jamaica, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: The browse path only includes Digital Folder Numbers. How can I find the records I am looking for?
Answer 1: See Browsing images with film numbers as the waypoints (53900).
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: Some indexed records have name, event place or date errors. How can I determine the correct information?
Answer 2: View the document to verify the correct information. The event place and date can also be checked by searching the Catalog using the film number included in the record detail page. See Finding microfilm numbers in the catalog (55632). A list of known problems below provides correct indexing information:
- Entries with a Name: [Blank] have no name listed in the original birth record.
- Entries with Event Place: Jamaica do not include the full place name, and are considered for re-indexing in the future.
- Film 538790, DGS 004492562, images 1572, 1576, 1578, 1580, and 1581 erroneously includes Father’s Name: Azariah Rehoboam. The father’s name field is actually blank.
- Film 1523302, DGS 004540730 was indexed with Event Place: [District], Saint Andrew, Jamaica. The correct Parish is Westmoreland, Jamaica.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: I find that some images are blurry. Are the images available on microfilm?
Answer 3: Microfilms associated with blurry online records are listed below:
- Film 1855164 – however, the microfilm is also blurry.
Question 4[edit | edit source]
Question 4: When I search for an image, the wrong image comes up. How do I find the correct image?
Answer 1: Some images are incorrectly linked, and they may be one or more records off. To determine if that is the case, click the Previous or Next button to see if the correct image appears. If you determine that images are missing, please report the problem so that it can be investigated and corrected. These certificates are available on microfilm (Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche) which can be ordered from the Family History Library and viewed at your local FamilySearch Center.
Question 5[edit | edit source]
Question 5: Several records have an erroneous father’s name of "Azariah Rehoboam." What is the real father’s name?
Answer 2: On five (5) index records for Film 538790, DGS 4492562, images 1572, 1576, 1578, 1580, and 1581, it appears that "Azariah Rehoboam" was added to the father's given and surname fields, even though this name doesn't appear on the images, and in fact there are NO father's names listed on these images.
- Return to the Jamaica, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records article.
- Return to the Jamaica, Civil Registration, 1880-1999 collection at FamilySearch.org.