Italy, L'Aquila, Camarda, Parrocchia di San Giovanni Battista, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Italy, L'Aquila, Camarda, Parrocchia di San Giovanni Battista, Catholic Church Records, 1606-1941
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Camarda, L'Aquila, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Camarda, L'Aquila, Italy|
|Location of Italy|
|Title in the Language:||Italia, L'Aquila, Camarda, Parrocchia di San Giovanni Battista, Registri Parrocchiali, 1606-1941|
|San Giovanni Battista Parish, Camarda, Italy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This is a collection of Catholic Church records from the parish of San Giovanni Battista within the Frazione of Camarda, Comune of L'Aquila, Province of L'Aquila, Italy. Also included in the collection are church censuses (stato delle anime). These records with cover the years from 1606 to 1941.
Church records are generally kept in bound registers consisting of approximately 100-400 pages per volume. Some registers include an index at the end of each volume. Volumes prior to 1815 were handwritten by the parish priest in narrative form with details of the event and after 1815 the records were handwritten in printed forms. The text of the records is in Italian and partially in Latin.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are written in Italian. For help reading them see:
- Italy Language and Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Italy, L'Aquila, Camarda, Parrocchia di San Giovanni Battista, Catholic Church Records, 1606-1941.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Italian Church Records
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records.
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's given name and surname
- Identifying information such as residence
- Estimated marriage or birth year
- Family relationships
Search the Index[edit | edit source]
|This collection does not have a searchable index. Only images are available. See View the Images to access them.|
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Record Type to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Consult the Italy Record Finder and Italy Research Tips and Strategies to find other records
- Italy Civil Registration are also a good substitute when church records of births, marriages, and deaths cannot be found or are unavailable
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names. Transcription errors could occur in any handwritten record; also, it was not uncommon for an individual be listed under a nickname or an abbreviation of their name
- Your ancestor may have immigrated to another country. Search the records of nearby areas or Italy Emigration and Immigration records
- Search the indexes and records of local genealogical societies
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Italy.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.