Indiana, Daviess County, Washington Times Herald Obituaries - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Indiana, Daviess County, Washington Times Herald Obituaries, 1984-2012
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Daviess, Indiana, |
|Flag of Indiana|
|Location of Daviess County, Indiana|
|Location of Indiana|
|Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection includes records from 1984 to 2012. It consists of an index and images of obituary clippings from the Washington Times Herald bound in book form. Contains deaths from Daviess, Martin, Pike and Knox Counties and other areas. The collection was compiled by Kay Hedrick. Some years are missing.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Indiana, Daviess County, Washington Times Herald Obituaries, 1984-2012.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of the deceased
- Birth date and place
- Death date and place
- Names of parents, spouse or other relatives
- Name of newspaper, date and place of publication
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the individual
- The date of the event or the name of a parent or spouse
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Year of Publication to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog Indiana, Daviess County, Washington Times Herald Obituaries, 1984-2012. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the information found in the record to locate the death record
- Use the age or estimated birth date to determine an approximate birth date to find other vital records such as birth, baptism, and marriage
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
- Search for land and probate records
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby town or county
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Indiana.
- Indiana Guided Research
- Indiana Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1900 | 1900-Present
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.