Idaho, Clark County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Clark County Records, 1884-1998
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Clark, Idaho, |
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Clark County, Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Clark County Clerk's Office, Dubois|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains the following records from the clerk’s office for Clark County, Idaho:
- Vital or civil registration – marriages
- Land and Property records
- Probate records
- School Census Records
Some of the records are handwritten on loose pages. However, most of the records are handwritten on pre-printed pages or typed. The records cover the years 1884 to 1998.
Boundary Changes[edit | edit source]
Settlements in the area were established in 1864. Depending on the time period you are looking for, you may need to refer to a county name other than Clark.
- Alturas County 1864 - 1877
- Oneida County 1877 - 1885
- Bingham County 1885 - 1893
- Fremont County 1893 - 1919
- Clark County was established in 1919
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Clark County Records, 1884-1998.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- The names of primary persons
- The names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives, or friends
- The names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- The names of witnesses
- The dates the documents were written and recorded (used to approximate event dates since a will was usually written near the time of death)
- The description and value of property or land
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
|Land and property||Brand record book||1937-1955|
|Land and property||Deeds||1911-1960|
|Land and property||Grantee deed index||1906-1950|
|Land and property||Grantor deed index||1907-1998|
|Land and property||Mining locations||1884-1935|
|Land and property||Patents||1890-1997|
|Naturalization||Notice of application to citizenship||1887-1940|
|Naturalization||Petition and record||1914-1925|
|Probate||Estate case files loose papers||1903-1950|
|Probate||Letters of guardianship||1921-1960|
|Probate||Orders & decrees, probate & guardianship||1927-1963|
|Probate||Probate letters testamentary||1901-1961|
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The approximate date of the event
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record Category
- Select the Record Type, Volume, and Year Range to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Search for the family in census records
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Idaho.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.