Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This help article will guide you as you edit in the Wiki. See Contributor Help for more help articles.|
What is a Watchlist?[edit | edit source]
- Pages that you want to be notified when any changes are being made to it.
- Your watchlist is available only when you are logged in.
- You can see a list of pages you are watching by clicking "Watchlist" on the toolbar at the top of the page.
Why watch a page?[edit | edit source]
- Related to your specific areas of interest.
- You want to make sure that all future edits are correct and accurate.
- If you are doing research in a specific county in England, for example, you might want to "Watch" that page so that you will be notified when additional research guidance is added.
- If you are a major contributor to a page, you may also want to "Watch" so that you are notified when other people work on the page. This will give you the opportunity to work together with other contributors.
How to add a page from your watchlist[edit | edit source]
- After you have logged in, go to the page you want to "Watch" and click the little star between the tabs "View history" and "More" at the top of the page and it will turn blue.
- Whenever you see the little star in blue, it is on your watchlist.
- When editing a page, you can also click on the "Watch this page" box just under the Summary box to place a watch notification.
How to remove a page from your watchlist[edit | edit source]
- If you want to remove the page from your watch list, click the little blue star and it will turn white.
- Whenever you see the little star in white, it is not on your watchlist.
Automatically add a page to your Watchlist[edit | edit source]
If you would like to have all pages you create or edit automatically added to on your watchlist, do the following:
- Click on the "Preferences" tab at the top of the page.
- Then click on "Watchlist" tab.
- Then go to the bottom of the page to "Advanced options."
- Review the options to see which ones you might want to check.
- If you find that all pages you are creating or editing are being added to your Watchlist and don't want that, review the checkboxes in "Advanced options."
The display changes read vs. unread[edit | edit source]
- On the watchlist display, some page names appear in bold which indicates whether or not you have visited the page to see the change.
- This feature works like read/unread emails in an email inbox.
- The display will also have some new bold highlighting indicating edits to pages on your watchlist.
Clearing Your Watchlist[edit | edit source]
If you like to clear your watchlist, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Watchlist" link in the top right of the screen (You must be logged into the Wiki).
- Then click on the button, Edit Your List of Watched Pages.
- This takes you to a screen that allows you to remove pages from your list including using the button, "Clear Watchlist" option.
- If you have too many pages on your Watchlist, you may get an error when trying to access your list. Instead use these links to access and clear your Watchlist:
See also[edit | edit source]
- Help:Tracking changes
- Special:Watchlist/edit - Remove titles from your watchlist
- Special:Watchlist/raw - Edit your raw watchlist