Hays, Ellis County, Kansas Genealogy
Guide to Hays, Ellis County ancestry, genealogy and family history, birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Mt. Allen Cemetery and St. Joseph Cemetery : 27th and Vine, Hays, Ellis Co., Kansas Hays City Cemetery -- St. Joseph Cemetery -- Mt. Allan and St. Joseph cemeteries. All cemeteries are located at 27th and Vine in Hays, Kansas
Directories[edit | edit source]
- Hays (Ellis County, Kansas) city directory : contains buyers' guide and a complete classified business directory, and an alphabetical directory of business concerns and private citizens Includes index. Including Ellis County taxpayers directory.
Fort Hays[edit | edit source]
- Records of Fort Hays, Kansas, 1866-1889 Fort Hays, Kansas, was established 18 October 1865 to protect the employees of Kansas Pacific Railroad Company from Indian attacks. It was first called Fort Fletcher. The War Department renamed it Fort Hays 17 November 1866 in honor of Brig. General Alexander Hays. Fort Hays was abandoned 8 November 1889. Some volumes individually indexed.
Orders include general orders, circulars, court-martials, special orders, post orders, etc.
History[edit | edit source]
- Hays,_Kansas (Wikipedia)
- The Bukovina Germans in Kansas : a 200 year history of the Lutheran Swabians
- The Fort Hays, Kansas State Normal School : alumni bulletin 1917