Guayanilla, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Guayanilla family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
The first Europeans settled in this area in 1511. Guayanilla was founded by Puerto Ricans of Spanish descent, known as criollos. Guayanilla grew quickly and was established as a separate municipality on February 27, 1833 by Governor Miguel de la Torre. Populations 21,600. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Guayanilla, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- Catholic Church Records, Inmaculada Concepción Parish, Guayanilla, Puerto Rico,1841-1941 browse images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Guayanilla, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayanilla,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/17/20.