Guide to Ghana ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
|Ghana Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Country Information[edit | edit source]
Ghana is a country in Africa bordered by the Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, and Togo. Parts of the country were formerly ruled by Portugal, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany, and Great Britain. The official language is English.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with Ghana Research
Links to articles on getting started with Ghana research.
Ghana Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Ghana research.
Ghana Map[edit | edit source]
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Ghana.
Regions[edit | edit source]
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Ghana. Regions:
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Ghana Oral Histories
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, “Ghana,” in ‘’Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia,’’ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana, accessed 29 April 2016.
- Video example of Oral History work in Ghana