Galvarino, Cautín, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of Galvarino ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- Although the Galvarino Fort, was founded on April 22, 1882, the location of the town was not demarcated until the spring of 1886.
- The first inhabitants of the town came from different European countries.
- In the year 1916 the town became a Municipality.
- The earthquake of May 1960 caused significant damage to the commune.
- The commune of Galvarino has a population of approximately 13,000 people.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1909-1932 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1888-1905 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Baptisms, 1585-1932 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Chile, Deaths, 1700-1920 - in MyHeritage ($)
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de Galvarino
Localities[edit | edit source]
- Villa Coihueco
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Galvarino (Chile)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvarino_(Chile). Visited 9 June 2017