Freire, Cautín, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of Freire ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- Originally, the place belonged to the Mapuches.
- In 1882, the Army of the Frontier annexed the territory to the Republic of Chile and founded the Fort of Freire.
- In 1885 the town of Freire was established.
- On March 17, 1919 the city of Freire becomes Commune.
- The commune of Freire has a population of approximately 22,500 people.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1918-1932 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio de Freire
Localities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Freire (Chile)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freire_(Chile). Visited 9 June 2017