Florida State Census, 1945 - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Florida State Census, 1945
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Florida|
|Location of Florida|
|Record Type||State Census|
|State Archives, Tallahassee|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of a population census for the State of Florida for the year 1945. This is an every-name list of the state's inhabitants. The census is arranged alphabetically by county and then geographically by election precinct. All counties within the state are represented, although some election precincts are missing. The records are segregated by race. The collection details include an estimated precinct locality that is based on the census precinct number within a county.
For a list of records by date or locality currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Florida State Census, 1945.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of each person in household
- Level of education
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The approximate age of your ancestor
- The place and address where your ancestor lived
- The names of family members and their relationships
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the County
- Select the Precinct number, est. precinct locality-town to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Florida State Census, 1945. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s census record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Search for birth, marriage, and death records
- Search for land and probate records
- Use the census information to search for the family in additional county and state records
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Florida.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Florida State Census 1945
- 16th U.S. Census 1940 Population Schedules Florida
- Florida State Census 1935
- 15th U.S. Census 1930 Population Schedules and Soundex Florida
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying you sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.