FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Washington Tasks-Libraries
Task Description[edit | edit source]
This will help people know about local libraries and what online collections they have for family history and genealogy.
- Importance: Some local libraries have local collections that have never been microfilmed, such as indexes or unpublished manuscripts. Libraries are also a possible resource for people to maintain the Wiki pages after the project itself is completed.
Steps[edit | edit source]
1) Add contact information and links to websites. 2) Include a short summary of (physical) collections that help with genealogy or history. 3) Indicate if they have Ancestry.com, HeritageQuest Online, or other subscriptions sites for genealogy and family history.
Assignment Chart[edit | edit source]
If you are accepting this task:
- 1. Open the Assignment Chart for editing.
- 2. Place your cursor in the column next to the county of choice
- 3. Type 4 tildes (~~~~). This electronic signature and will leave your user name and the date.
- 4. Add a Summary for your edit such as "Accepted [County name]".
- 5. Save Page.
If you have completed this task:
- 1. Type 4 tildes (~~~~) in the Date Completed column for that county.
- 2. In the edit Summary, type "Completed [county name]"
- 3. Save page