FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Wales Infobox - Hundred
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Some countries in the Wiki have infoboxes on each of the parish pages that gives more precise jurisdictional information for each parish. We have added the infobox template to all of the parish pages in Wales so we can add that information as well. This is very helpful for the researchers, as it tells them what jurisdictional levels held their records.
For this project, we will be finding the Hundred information, and adding it to the infobox.
Project Leader[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Sign up on Task List[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Task List and put your name in the "Name" column for the respective Wiki pages you'd like to work on.
2. Click on the name of the wiki page you signed up for. The name is linked to the actual Wiki page and will take you directly to that page.
Find the Hundred[edit | edit source]
3. Check the breadcrumb at the top of the page (the series of jurisdictions separated by arrow icons), and locate the historic county your parish was in.
4. Remembering that county name from the breadcrumb in step 3, click on the link below that matches that name. This link will take you to the GENUKI site for that county. (In this example, the parish we have is Aberaeron, which is in the historic county of Cardiganshire.)
5. Using the alphabetical list or Ctrl+F (or Cmd+F if on a Mac), locate and click on the name of your parish in the list on GENUKI.
(The image below shows this example with Aberaeron parish.)
- Note: In the example below, the information for Aberaeron is actually on two different pages: Llanddewi Aber-Arth and Henfynyw. In this case, we would refer to those pages instead to find the Hundred.
Adding the Hundred to the Infobox[edit | edit source]
9. Copy the name of the Hundred that you found from GENUKI, and go to the FS Wiki parish page for your parish.
10. Click Edit source next to the "History" heading (or equivalent) on the parish page, and locate the infobox template code. It will look something like the following:
11. Where the code says | Hundred = add here, delete the "add here", and paste the name of the Hundred you found.
- Note: If the Hundred name you copied from GENUKI is in all CAPS, be sure to adjust it so has standard capitalization. In the example used in these instructions, "ILAR" would become "Ilar" when you add it to the infobox code.
12. Before you save, put "Added Hundred" in the Summary box. Then click "Save changes".
13. Add the date of completion to the "Date" column of the task list once you have finished.
14. If you encounter anything else abnormal or unexpected through this project, make a note of it in the Notes column of the task list, and Amber will check on it.
Example Pages[edit | edit source]
- Aberaeron, Ceredigion, Wales Genealogy
- Abererch, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy
- Aberffraw, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy