FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 October 24
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Agenda[edit | edit source]
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. Please give feedback to get this back to the attention of the engineers.
News and Events[edit | edit source]
Review of last meeting[edit | edit source]
- Wednesday, 17 Oct
Progress reports[edit | edit source]
- Birth task: 1898-present segment: Significant progress this past week Box Elder County; Salt Lake County (Liz and Wilma).
- Neighboring counties clickable maps: Completed by Joy Bogar and Jeff Stevens! Weber County example
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) has pushed Beaver County to the first page (from 14th) on a Google search for Beaver County Utah. Revision of the statement - Patsy and Marilyn:
- From last week: Lois is changing headings and links in the counties from "Church Records" to "Churches and Religious Groups"
- No progress on Libraries and Church Records areas this week.
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States: James
- Thinking through -- series of how to find.... articles about 6: United States, How to Find Genealogy Records
- Also "how to use articles" will be great
- Core articles help organize the entire wiki
- Patriarchal Blessings - link to index from Utah page. Perhaps under church records, perhaps part of birth page. Has names of parents, etc. and some can only find those from this index. Hancock County, IL as well.
- A project, actually. James will get organized.
From previous meetings (no progress):
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
[edit | edit source]
FHLC links. Do they need revision when the Libraries section is finished?
Most important (county) discussions remaining:
- 1 Death, Marriage
- 1 Census
- Farm co-ops, United Order, Irrigation districts -- large category of records ignored
- 1 Cemeteries
- Divorce records
- American Indians - can point to project: it is part of the other project
- 1 Land
- 1 Probate
- Adoption (State level?) Link pointing to state
Ideas we won't forget[edit | edit source]
- Tip Bank