FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 November 14
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Meeting Participants: Marilyn is back! Liz's Dad is ill, she's gone to St. George.
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. It is fixed, but won't be implemented until the next release. No idea when that will be, but there is some hope.
- Grapevine: a committee is [being?] formed to standardize all state pages. Don't know if this affects county pages.
- nice to have uniform, but it's a wiki. It may never happen.
- we want some autonomy as a project
- concerned with our experimentation with the beginners corner
- Wiki home page suggestions
News and Events[edit | edit source]
- November 15, 2012 The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy with Diahan Southard, Molecular Genealogist. UGA virtual meeting, 3rd Thursday each month.
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting[edit | edit source]
- Wednesday, 7 Nov
Progress reports[edit | edit source]
- Cemetery Records progress:
- The table was simplified for adding/editing, templates for beg and end of the table.
- Ready to move to the counties? Liz and group: Suggestions made on the experimental county page
- LDS Church records table: Wilma has put it on 2 counties: Beaver, Box Elder
- Show the situation, get counsel from group : some ideas given, Wilma will work more with this.
- Task to adapt the "pattern" for each LDS community: Wilma created templates for generic sections of the pattern page. Marty, Joy, and Lois have not yet been trained.
- Task to add timelines from Jensen's mostly prepared: Marty and Bo have not yet been trained.
- Is Tracing Latter-day Saint Ancestors from area of counties OK? Approved
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in last meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, and others with large compilations.
- Patriarchal Blessings: perhaps part of birth page? Has names of parents, etc. and some can only find those from this index. Hancock County, IL as well. He will link to Tracing LDs
- Maps follow-up: Marilyn will check with Jason Harrison and David Dilts for what they are doing. Results:
- Suggestion from last meeting not yet implemented: Newberry atlas of historical county boundaries.
- Oldmapsonline.org draw a square around the area; USGS.gov maps digitizing them
- Beginner's corner. viewed samples for Jana to show in Thursday meeting.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) Beaver County, Utah : Today, Wilma will create the template, which can be adjusted later.
- Libraries: such minor progress, not worth mentioning in meeting.
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records: James if he is on the call:
From previous meetings (no progress):
- FHLC links. To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them. Wilma:
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat Done!
- Pat needs a stillbirth from 1942-1960
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
[edit | edit source]
Most important (county) discussions remaining: (prioritized in last week's meeting)
Minimum information for each topic:
- Per project leaders meeting (Oct 23) and group meeting (Oct 31)
- Blurb giving value and scope of the records
- FHLC link
- Link to the Utah page for that topic
- Links to Ancestry.com and FS Historical Records collections Done by Jana early Nov.
"Boots on the ground" person or group to maintain, update, add to each county.
- Ideas per group meeting Oct 31
- UGA Patsy can get zips of UGA members and contact for their interest
- FHCs in area - do they know someone they can suggest?
- Libraries in area
- ULA - Pat can email everyone asking for help
We are aiming at 19 December 2012 as completing what will be done as a project.