FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Updating Portugal Municipality Pages - Locate the Civil Registration Office
Purpose[edit | edit source]
We will be listing contact information for Civil Registration offices on the Portugal municipality pages in the English wiki.
Contact[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Go to FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Updating Portugal Municipality Pages - Locate the Civil Registration Office Task List. Enter your name to sign up for the municipality. Remember to put the date when you have completed the task.
2. Click on the municipality. This will take you to the municipality's page.
3. In a separate window, open the website Conservatórias do registo civil
4. Select the municipality's district (distrito) from the right-hand sidebar.
5. Click Conservatoria do registro civil em...
6. Find the civil registration office for the municipality:
- A fast way to find the reference is the Find function, usually accessed by typing control-F, then typing in the municipality's name.
7. Go back to the municipality page.
8. Locate Civil Registration heading on the page.
9. Click edit source link next to the Contact a Civil Registration Office to edit the information.
10. Copy the contact information from the civil registrar(s) on Conservatórias do Registo Civil
11. Copy the name of the civil register's office exactly as it appears on Conservatórias do Registo Civil.
12. Format the address as follows:
Address line 1 <br> Address line 2 <br> PORTUGAL<br>
13. In phone number, copy the phone number as:
Phone: Number <br>
14. In email, format the email as follows:
Email: [mailto:email email] <br>
- Make sure the email address is copied twice into the template, with a space between the two emails.
15. Delete the second template for civil register's office if there is only one office.
16. Add more templates as needed if there are more than two offices.
17. Click Save page button.
18. If there is no Civil Registration office listed on Conservatórias do Registo Civil do the following:
19. Delete both address templates, including all of the following
The following is a list of civil registration offices within the municipality.<br> '''Conservatória do Registo Civil de [MUNICIPALITY NAME]'''<br> address<br> phone number<br> [mailto:email email address]<br> '''Conservatória do Registo Civil de [MUNICIPALITY NAME]'''<br> address<br> phone number<br> [mailto:email email address]<br>
20. Paste the following phrase under Contact a Civil Registration Office:
There are no known civil registration offices within the municipality of MUNICIPALITY NAME. Contact a civil registration office in a nearby municipality to find out if they have the records for MUNICIPALITY NAME.
21. Replace MUNICIPALITY NAME with the name of the municipality.
22. Click Save page button.
Example[edit | edit source]
The following link is the completed municipality page for The Municipality of Águeda