FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Updating Portugal Municipality Pages - Locate Family History Center
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Find a nearest Family History Center and input information into the English Wiki .
Contact[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Go to Task List. Choose a district and enter your name to sign up for the municipality. Remember to put the date when you have completed the task.
2. Click on the municipality. This will take you to the municipality's page.
3. To find nearby Family History Centers, open the Find a Family History Center and FamilySearch Affiliate Libraries page.
4. Search for the municipality.
5. Find the Family History Center icon on the page: green circle with the FamilySearch logo. There may be more than one.
6. Click on the nearest Family History Center icon. There may be more than one.
7. You will now see the Center's information and the Website link on the right of the address (even if the link appears red, it does not mean that it is a bad link).
8. Go back to the municipality page.
9. Locate Family History Centers heading on the page.
10. Click edit source link next to the Family History Centers heading to edit the information.
11. Replace the existing template on the page with the following text:
'''NAME OF NEAREST CENTER'''<br> ADDRESS LINE 1<br> ADDRESS LINE 2<br> PORTUGAL<br> Phone: NUMBER<br> Email: [mailto:EMAIL EMAIL]<br> Website: [URL NAME OF CENTER]<br>
12. If there are multiple centers equally close to the municipality, copy the template underneath the first center.
13. Go back to the Family History Center page.
14. Copy the contact information as follows:
15. Copy the first line which is the name of the center and replace NAME OF NEAREST CENTER in the template. The name should not be in all caps.
16. Copy the first line of the address and replace ADDRESS LINE 1 in the template. The address should not be in all caps.
17. Copy the second line of the address and replace ADDRESS LINE 2 in the template. Keep it in all caps.
18. Leave PORTUGAL as is in the template, in capitals.
19. Click on the red link Website next to the name of the center you just copied to open the FamilySearch Wiki page. This will be in Portuguese, but will also have the most accurate information.
20. Copy the contact information as follows:
21. Replace NUMBER with the actual phone number.
22. Replace EMAIL with the actual email address for each instance. Make sure the email address is copied twice into the template, with a space between the two emails.
23. If there is no phone number or email address, delete that line from the template.
24. Replace URL with the link to the Portugal wiki page for that center. Make sure that the link works after you save the page.
25. Replace NAME OF CENTER with the name of the center you copied into the first line of the template with a space between URL and NAME OF CENTER.
26. If there are multiple centers, fill in the information for the second center.
27. Click Save page button.
Example[edit | edit source]
The following link is the completed municipality page for The Municipality of Águeda