FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Updating Portugal Municipality Pages - Delete Contact a Parish
Purpose[edit | edit source]
We will not be listing contact information for Catholic parishes on the Portugal municipality pages in the English wiki. Delete the template for contacting a parish.
Contact[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Go to Updating Portugal Municipality Pages - Delete Contact a Parish Task List. Enter your name and date completed next to each municipality you work on.
2. Click on the municipality.
3. Locate Catholic Parishes heading on the page.
4. Click edit source link next to the Contact a Parish to delete the template, including all of the following information:
The following is a list of parishes within the municipality of Águeda. There may be additional parishes not listed on this page.<br> '''Parish Name'''<br> address<br> phone number<br> [mailto:email email address]<br> '''Parish Name'''<br> address<br> phone number<br> [mailto:email email address]<br>
5. Paste the following information into the space underneath "=== Contact a Parish ==="
If you are seeking church records created more recently than 1910, it is possible to obtain them by writing to the parish where the record was created. Writing to a parish is not always a reliable way to obtain information, because officials may or may not respond. <br> '''[http://www.conferenciaepiscopal.pt/v1/dioceses/ Conferência Episcopal Portuguesa]''' lists websites for the 20 Dioceses of Portugal. Once on the Diocesan website, use the listing of parishes (paróquias) to locate contact information for the parish in question.<br>
6. Click Save page button.
Example[edit | edit source]
The following link is the completed municipality page for The Municipality of São Miguel