FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Oklahoma Land and Property
Oklahoma Project Page Oklahoma Land and Property
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Adding information to the Land and Property heading on the county page
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Step 1: Adding Info to Land and Property heading[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Land and Property heading.
2. Copy and paste the following text under any text already appearing under the heading:
''Online Land Records''
*[http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/search/ Land Patent Search] - index to federal patents and homesteads on the [http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/default.aspx Bureau of Land Management] website, some images available
*'''1796 - 1907''' - [http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1246 U.S. General Land Office Records, 1796-1907] at [http://search.ancestry.com Ancestry] - index, info taken from Bureau of Land Management website<br>
*'''1861 - 1936''' - [http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=60593 U.S. Homestead Records 1861-1936] at [http://search.ancestry.com/ Ancestry.com] - ($), index and images
*1889 [http://www.okhistory.org/research/plat1889 Oklahoma County Plats, 1889] - Oklahoma Historical Society
*[http://www.okhistory.org/research/elreno El Reno Homesteader Filings] - Oklahoma Historical Society
For more information see [[Oklahoma Land and Property]]
3. Once you have added the wikitext, preview the page by clicking on, Show Preview at the bottom of the page. Check your work to make sure it looks like it should. Make any necessary adjustments.
4. Go to the bottom of the page and enter "added land databases" in the edit summary box and save the page.
5. You are now done with the task. Go to the next County on your list.