FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Improving the Help content
The Help content in the Wiki is in need of evaluation and improvement. Help articles in the Wiki are all those articles that help contributors to the wiki know how to do all aspects of editing and contributing.
If you are interested in helping with this project, add your name to this list.
Help Content Tasks[edit | edit source]
|Reorganize "Entrance" page for all help||Jane||Complete!|
|Rename "Help:Edit and Contribute" to "Help:Contributor Help" and fix redirects||Complete!|
|Change links that go to this old portal page to the Tour? and fix the "what links here" - work with Steve Cottrell to do global find and replace. Can we delete that old portal page?||Complete!|
|Review and reorganize the Help category of links||LaVera|
|Fix Help articles so that they are all in the correct namespace||Jane||Complete!|
|Ensure all articles in the Help namespace are categorized correctly in accordance to #3 above||LaVera|
|Fix Help page: Help:Navigation||LaVera||Complete!|
|Review this page for potential additional help information|
Support Content Needs[edit | edit source]
|Create Moderator Setup page||Averyld||Done|
|Update Help Pages||Parrisl|
Current Help Content[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
FAMILYSEARCH WIKI POLICY REVIEW[edit | edit source]
While we will not be revising the following FSW articles, we will be reviewing them, looking for:
- Information of a how-to nature that actually belongs in a Help article
- When this is found, it will be noted on the talk page, and then after discussion (or after a week if there is no discussion) it will be removed to a Help article).
- Help articles related to these articles
- If Help articles are found, we will do interlinking between the articles
- If Help articles are NOT found, they will be created as needed and then interlinking will be done.
- Mirrored Maintenance Templates for the various policies.
- The policies should be reviewed for whether or not a maintenance template should be created to go on articles to notify when policies are broken.
GET STARTED WITH THIS SITE PORTAL
|Article Relating to This Topic||Assigned|
HELP PAGES/LINKS NEEDING DEVELOPMENT
|Topic||Articles Relating to This Topic||Assigned|
|- Minor Edit||Help:Minor edit|
|- Reverting||Help:Reverting Content to Previous Version|
|- Dummy Edit||Help:Dummy edit|
|- Quick Start Overview 1||Quick Start Overview 1: Major Features of the Wiki|
|- Quick Start Overview 3||Quick Start Overview 3: Registering with FamilySearch Research Wiki|
NEW HELP PAGES DEVELOPED[edit | edit source]
|Topic||Articles Relating to This Topic|
|- Wiki Cheatsheet||Help:Wikitext Cheatsheet|
|- Edit Summary Legend||Help:Edit summary legend|
|- New User Quickstart||Help:Wiki Basics|
|- Wiki Terminology||Help:Wiki Terminology|
|- Quick Date Box||Help:Quick Date Box|
|- Historical Population Chart||Help:Historical Population Chart|
|- Random Page Admin Settings||Help:Random Page Admin Settings|