FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Arkansas Tasks-Standardize County Subject Headings
WikiProject Arkansas Wiki Project New Arkansas Tasks - Standardize County Subject Headings
Description[edit | edit source]
The purpose of this task is to check each Arkansas county page and standardize the record headings for each page.
This task is an advanced task and requires knowledge about or experience with writing in wikitext.
New to the wiki?
Questions about editing this project?
You may wish to print these instructions before you begin editing.
- Go to the top right-hand corner of the page within the the white area.
- Locate the word Print or the icon of a printer. Click on the icon.
Instructions[edit | edit source]
1. Check the Assignment Chart below to choose a county to edit.
2. Sign up on the Assignment Chart to accept the task. Sign-up instructions are posted with the Assignment Chart below.
3. Click on your chosen county name in the Assignment Chart. This will take you to your county page.
4. Login to the FamilySearch wiki using your FamilySearch login name and password. Find the sign-in area in the top right-hand corner of the page.
5. Decide if the current headings are different than what is suggested below. Make the appropriate changes.
6. Change any 1 (=) or 2(==) level headings to heading level 3(===) to match the list below.
7. If a heading already exists on a page and is not included in the list below, keep the heading and the accompanying information and place in the appropriate place in the alphabetical list of resources.
===Historical Facts ===
==== Parent County ====
==== Boundary Changes====
==== Record Loss====
==== Bible Records ====
==== Biography ====
==== Business Records and Commerce ====
==== Cemeteries ====
==== Census ====
==== Church Records ====
==== Court Records ====
==== Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups ====
==== Gazetteers ====
==== Genealogy ====
==== History ====
==== Land and Property ====
==== Maps ====
==== Migration ====
==== Military ====
==== Naturalization and Citizenship ====
==== Newspapers ====
==== Obituaries ====
==== Periodicals ====
==== Probate ====
==== Public Records ====
==== Repositories ====
===== Courthouse =====
===== Family History Centers=====
===== Libraries =====
===== Museums =====
===== Societies =====
==== Taxation ====
==== Vital Records ====
===== Birth =====
===== Marriage =====
===== Death =====
=== Places/Localities ===
==== Populated Places ====
==== Neighboring Counties ====
=== Websites ===
Assignment Chart[edit | edit source]
If you are accepting this task:
- 1. Sign in to the wiki at the upper right-hand corner of this page. Use your FamilySearch account username and password.
- 2. Open the Assignment Chart for editing by clicking on the check mark in the box at the right opposite the Assignment Table heading.
- 3. Place your cursor in the box under the heading Name/Date Task Accepted and opposite your county of choice.
- 4. Type 4 tildes (~). This symbol is located on the upper left-hand part of your keyboard, next to the number 1. The ~~~~ is an electronic signature and will leave your user name and date when you signed.
- 5. Scroll nearly to the bottom of the page. Add a summary sentence in the Summary box saying something like, "Selected Adams County for adding societies".
- 6. Click on the box "Save Page".
- 7. You are now signed up to complete this task.
If you are completing this task:
- Follow the same instructions as accepting the task, except place your cursor in the correct county box under the heading Date Completed. Change your summary sentence to something like, "Completed Adams County for societies."
|County||Name/Date Task Accepted||Date Completed|
|Jackson||Batsondl 21:49, 28 March 2013 (UTC)