FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 14 December 2010
Join the meeting, the ID is 7780
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Recognition[edit | edit source]
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...
Announcements[edit | edit source]
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
FYI: Join the discussion for summarizing Forum comments and bringing issues to decision/documentation.
Discussion Items[edit | edit source]
From the Community[edit | edit source]
Status on script failure?[edit | edit source]
Dsammy 18:16, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
Two threads on this: Dsammy 20:25, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- A blogger turned up this, and discussed it briefly yesterday morning, but he did not know what the script was, why it was run, and what it was supposed to do. He posted this in a discussion of the moving of FamilySearch Beta into the familysearch.org main site, chich by the way happened this morning:
Beta Changeover to secured Url[edit | edit source]
Saturday morning another uncertain indication showed up that beta.familysearch.org will go live this month. This comment showed up temporarily on the FamilySearch Wiki early Saturday morning. JamesAnderson
- If you look closer, it's secured url address https:www.familysearch.org, not the open unsecured address http://www.familysearch.org Dsammy 20:30, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- The FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.
The comment and the modification disappeared before the end of the day.
JamesAnderson 19:39, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- If that blogger had gone to the Forums, this person would learned of the problem instantly. Dsammy 20:25, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
Passed the forum thread link about this issue to the blogger. JamesAnderson 20:57, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
Need for This?[edit | edit source]
Why do we continue to keep the urls (located mostly in Websites section) that were the major source of script failure when we itemized everything into Wiki pages? Something to pause and think about. Dsammy 21:19, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff[edit | edit source]
- As discussed on the call, if possible, please do not create links to the FHL Catalog until engineering is sure we have the template working correctly. Check the Forums for the latest information:
Thanks --Mark 22:05, 14 December 2010 (UTC)