FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 01 Feb 2011
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Join the audio bridge, the ID is 7780
Call 877-453-7266, ID 7780
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Recognition[edit | edit source]
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos go to ...
Announcements[edit | edit source]
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
Discussion Items[edit | edit source]
From the Community[edit | edit source]
From FamilySearch Staff[edit | edit source]
- Could the Discussion Items section of this page be changed so that there is a section for each of the major types of topics to be discussed? (technical issues, site design, strategy, anything else?) Does it need to be separated by who is bringing up what issue?janellv
- Suggestion to change the navboxes on the side - how can we accomplish the idea of this without a need for engineering to do the work?janellv
- Is there any update from last week's items?janellv
- File Types - uploads are "allowed" for many file types, but some such as .doc and .xls give warning messages. Is this policy meant to be all-inclusive, and are those file types not supposed to be uploaded at all? -- COMMENT: I ran into this today doing work for RootsTech. I will create a JIRA bug and assign it to our engineering team. StringhamDB
- How hard is it to make changes to the "Upload file" page? There is a template many are using for images - Template:Information - and we'd like to know if it's possible to change the Upload File page to ask for what is on that template (including the syntax descriptions) -- COMMENT: It does take some work but can be done. I believe on the product backlog there is an item to change and/or improve the file upload process. StringhamDB
- Dead Links from FHLC link update - ~700 of the 884 are just two different links, can we do a search/replace for those two?
- Don Stringham will be giving a presentation concerning the Research Wiki and Wikitext at RootsTech - 3:00 pm 2/11/2011Building Programming Libraries using WikiText. Shameless advertising. :)