When there is a dead link that is associated with a Reference in an article, use the following steps to fix it:
- 1. Edit the section that contains the reference with the dead link.
- 2. Click on the small up arrow at the beginning of the reference.
- 3. On the next screen, click on the small superscript that contains the number of the reference you are correcting, and edit the section.
- 4. The reference will show as a yellow box with an <R> in it. Click on the yellow box and then click on the <R> item in the Toolbar.
- 5. You can now edit the Reference with the correct link.