Elisavetpol' Gubernia, Russian Empire Genealogy
Guide to Elisavetpol' Gubernia, Russian Empire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, both church and civil registration, compiled family history, and finding aids.
|Elisavetpol' Gubernia Wiki Topics|
|Russian Empire Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
Elisavetpol' Gubernia [province] was one of the gubernias in the Caucasus Viceroyalty. It was created in 1868 from parts of Baku and Tiflis gubernias. In 1918 at the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, Elisavetpol' gubernia was renamed to Ganja gubernia. Modern territory of Elisavetpol' gubernia is western Azerbaijan and adjacent parts of Armenia.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Historical Geography[edit | edit source]
Administrative Subdivisions (uyezds)[edit | edit source]
|Uyezd - English||Uyezd - Russian|
More Research Strategies and Tools[edit | edit source]
Online Classes[edit | edit source]
- Introduction to Russian Research - Joe Everett, MLS
- On Eagle’s Wings: Records of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Republics - Greg Nelson, MA
- Reading Russian Documents: The Russian Alphabet - Ellie Vance
- Deciphering the Handwriting and Understanding the Grammar - Ellie Vance
- Russian Alphabet, Language and Handwriting Part 1 - Heather Stewart, BA
- Russian Alphabet, Language and Handwriting Part 2 - Heather Stewart, BA
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Elisabethpol Governorate," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabethpol_Governorate, accessed 27 October 2020.