Edmunds, Washington County, Maine Genealogy
Edmunds is an extinct town, now an unorganized territory (township) in the East Central Washington townships of Washington County, Maine. In 1828 the town of Edmunds was organized from Plantation Number 10 ED (later called Trescott). In 1899 Edmunds annexed more land from Trescott. Edmunds surrendered its town organization in 1937, and since then has remained unorganized territory. 
References[edit | edit source]
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 147 (digital p. 154). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- "Edmunds" search in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 12 June 2013).